Town of Superior Northwest Superior Subarea Planning
Where We've Been
Last fall, nearly 600 people participated in a preliminary conversation about the future of Northwest Superior! (This area includes Original Town and surrounding areas west of McCaslin Boulevard.) This initial community engagement effort—led by the Planning Commission, with support from a consultant team and staff—was designed to:
- Highlight recent and anticipated changes in Northwest Superior
- Increase awareness of the policies and regulations in place today to guide future changes
- Determine whether current policies and regulations are adequate to guide future change, or whether other development tools or regulations are desired by the community
A summary of input received and preliminary recommendations that emerged from this initial outreach is available here.
Where We're Headed
The Town Board approved of a series of “next steps” designed to continue the conversation with the community. Over the next six months, the Planning Commission will be exploring and seeking the community’s input on:
- An overarching vision and goals to guide future changes in Northwest Superior
- Alternative scenarios for different opportunity areas within Northwest Superior
- Potential strategies to implement the community’s preferred direction(s)
Community Meeting Schedule:
- May 21, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM | Rocky Mountain Fire District – Station 5 | 2701 S. Indiana Street
- May 23, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM | Sport Stable Community Room| 1 Superior Drive
Community participation is a crucial part of this process. This is an opportunity for you to voice your ideas and contribute to our community's decision-making process. These meetings are open to everyone, as are all Town meetings, so please come join the dialog with your neighbors about the future of this part of the Superior community. The same material will be covered at both meetings.
Can't make a meeting? An online input opportunity will be available on the Town's website from May 23-June 8. Information online will mirror that presented during the community meetings.
Download a flyer here for more information about the process, timeline, and future input opportunities.